Sunday, March 2, 2008

wrote

Hey there,
This is something I wrote this past week and ended up sharing it with my dorm. Hope it can minister to you in some way.

Much love,
The College Girl

“Emotions”

We walk down the road straight and narrow, my hand in His. The tender touch of His thumb on the back of my hand, I know I am secure. His grip is warm but never too tight. He allows me to let go, but as I do the world goes dark. I can’t see the path and my feet shrink back in fear of what is ahead. My eyes can make out shadows of trees, tall and slim. Other shadows move about swiftly cutting at my calves. The world around is not friendly to me. I look to the trees for comfort, being sure of what they are. But they simply stand tall only swaying in the wind. More shadows dart past some on the right, some to the left. My spirit and mind grow faint. Then a swift movement and I am staring, eyes wide, straight at a shadow. I feel its breath on my slowly moving chest. My spirit only allowing a few paralyzing breathes. My eyes focused on the shadow slowly squint into a crescent and a silent tear glides down my cheek. Another quickly chasing behind as if wanting to run from this but having nowhere to go as it hits the ground before the shadow’s feet. My lips slowly release their embrace and I whisper a soft “Abba”. I feel a familiar touch on my face, my eyes shut. The shadow is no more. I feel myself being gently lifted and then cradled. I can feel the warmth of my rescuer’s chest as my head is held there through the support of His arms. No bone in my body creaks and my eyes are wet but loosely at rest for I know this Comfort. He holds me and I sense the cadence of His step as He walks the path. I feel His lips on my head as He sweetly kisses me, and His hot breath as He whispers, “my child”.

Lauren Whatley
February 25, 2008

“So if you think, you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” 1 Corinthians 10:12-13

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

you're a great writer