Sunday, June 1, 2008

An update

So I am in to both jobs now. And I can see God's hand in them when I let go and stop trying to control so much. 
Got the Coffee Jitters
There is a lot to learn at starbucks. I had a blast making Frappuccinos Friday night.  Being a new partner of starbucks there is a lot to learn and that means I need to be shown things and I won't always do things right.  My manager and I believe just the Starbucks mentality is ask away. If you need help just ask and it will be given.  
Driving home one night this week I just laughed at God because He knows that that is an area I need to grow in.  I don't necessarily always know how to ask for help.  But I am learning what a valuable thing it is to ask.  It is all about learning how to take care of myself.  Asking is no by means a sign of weakness, if anything it should be a sign of strength because you know that you need something or that you don't have the knowledge so asking and obtaining whatever it is makes you a stronger and more knowledgeable person. 
Another thing I am seeing by working at Starbucks is that everyone has their story.  The old man that walks in and always orders the same thing, or the girl who transferred from out of state, or the partner working and going to summer school.  It is awesome to see the blend of people I work with and be amazed by what a strong community it is despite those differences...if only that were modeled everywhere. 
Docta' Docta' tell me the news...
As for the doctor's office, I am starting to be more comfortable there. We just moved into our new office which is really nice and very spacious compared to the last office.  I have the sense of just being taken care of there. The doctor is this great Christian guy who is laid back and doesn't lord over us who work for him. The two ladies I work with are really nice and just really relaxed people to be around.  I make mistakes there, but they are patient with me and teach me how to do things right. 

In other news: 
This week I got to talk to my friend Casie who if you remember is currently in Zambia. God is doing amazing things in her life and in the lives of those who she shares her story with. Hundreds are coming to Christ there. It is awesome to hear about. 
My friend sarah made it back from Jersey. Which has been fun to be able to spend time with her and my friend Kimberly this weekend. We have been chilling in this mansion that Sarah is house sitting for the owners. 

Thoughts
Lately I have been thinking what it means to love God with all your mind, heart, and soul. I don't think that means well just love God. I think He broke it down for a reason. You see you can know something is true in your mind, but not really be convinced in your heart. The only thing I have been caught up on lately is how do you love God with all of your soul? What does that look like? I am still thinking over this but if you have any comments I would love to hear them. I know there is a lot in my life right now that I know is true, but that my heart is not believing yet and that is a frustrating place to be. But the great thing is having sisters around me that believe with their hearts for me things that I cannot yet believe. 

So I found this passage of scripture the other day and I just love it so I wanted to share it with you. Running a little low on hope at the moment this really jumped out at me. 
And we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:2b-5 
Keep running the race even though it isn't easy. 

Okay one last thought and then I am going to eat my beagle that Kimbo just made for me. 
Today in church a prof of mine was speaking (I went to a different church) and He was talking about the irony of Christ's death. Quoting another preacher he said that the greatest miracle in the Bible was found in Mark 15:29-32 where people are telling Jesus to come off the cross he is nailed to and save himself. It was the greatest miracle that never happened. Christ hung on that cross. And I thought about all the pain I have felt in life and how at times I have wanted to just be completely restored not having to go through some process. I want to save myself from the cross I am nailed to. But Christ hung there on that cross even though it would have taken him little effort to save himself because He knew that we would be nailed to sin and other's sins and that we could not save ourselves. So He willingly hung there so that He would be able to take us off of our crosses. Wow! That is my God. All praise be to Him!

Miss you guys!
The college girl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...how do you love God with all of your soul? What does that look like?"

I honestly don't know the answer to these questions. Every person is different and it goes the same as every person's soul is different. So when I love God with all of my soul it's going to be different from when you love God with all of your's. So that's going to be something that everyone searches during their own journey. I love God so much and God is my #1 but i don't think i am there yet. But when you get to that level with the Lord..."What does it look like?" Again it's going to look different for everyone...but no matter what it looks like, its going to give the aura of True Happiness.

You know asking for help isn't something im good at either (and im working on it too). But what i have learned is when you do ask for help, it is given and everything becomes easier. After reading your blog, i realized that the Lord doesn't want you to suffer on the cross that you are nailed to, he is always down there waiting for you to ask for his help!

Im not sure if following that was easy but anyway...im glad your doing great.

The Delaney Family said...

Hey, working woman! I've been missing your posts. I guess working a few jobs can get pretty busy. Hope to see some new posts soon! Love ya!